We are based in Perth, Western Australia. Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art psychological services by harnessing the latest research evidence and innovations. We provide services for adults, adolescents, children, and organisations.
Therapy for Mental Health or Personal Development
We try to create a warm, friendly environment for effective therapy. We use evidence-based therapy techniques tailored to clients’ individual needs and goals. Clients can be referred by a health professional (e.g., GP, psychiatrist) or can be self-referred. Some of the areas we can help with include:
- Personal development, goal setting, or finding more meaning in life
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationship issues
- Loneliness or social isolation
- Burnout and stress
- Emotion regulation and alexithymia
- Assertiveness and communication skills
- Alcohol or other drug use issues
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- ADHD and autism
- Eating disorders or problematic eating
- Sleep difficulties
- Brain Injury
- Sport performance
Standard therapy sessions are around 50 minutes. Our therapy approaches include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
Cognitive, Educational, or Clinical Assessments
We conduct formal psychological assessments of cognitive, educational, personality, and/or mental health functioning in adults and children. Such assessments can be useful to map strengths and weaknesses, inform treatment recommendations, and answer specific referral questions.
For example, we can conduct assessments of:
- IQ, including assessments of giftedness or intellectual disability
- Learning disorders or difficulties (e.g., dyslexia)
- Injury impairment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Personality profiles
- Mental health symptoms and diagnoses
- Memory and executive functioning
Organisational and Management Consulting
We consult on employee selection, leadership, and the optimisation of workplace well-being and performance. For example, we can:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of cognitive, personality, and emotional functioning to inform employee selection.
- Teach techniques in group workshops to enhance well-being and emotional intelligence.
- Design and implement targeted research programs within an organisation to identify areas that can be further optimised.
Professional Development Workshops
We provide live and online on-demand training courses. Our workshops range from 1 hour sessions to full day sessions. We are currently available to run professional development workshops on:
- Evidence-based treatment approaches for mental health disorders.
- Comprehensive assessment of emotional functioning.
- Transdiagnostic approaches to conceptualising and treating emotional disorders (e.g., depression, anxiety, substance use, and personality disorders) within a cognitive behaviour therapy framework.
- Emotional intelligence and optimising well-being in the workplace.
- Statistical analysis using contemporary and free software packages (R, Jamovi, JASP).
We have ongoing collaborations with a variety of professionals from industry, government, and Australian/international universities. We are always looking for opportunities to collaborate on projects that can further scientific knowledge, improve community well-being, or optimise workplace outcomes.